Every chain of coal utilisation has a profounding cost impact. Coal mining activities include deforestation and landscape alteration. Coal transportation which involves tankers and haul trucks, cause environmental and health damage on each and every route. Transactional activities and coal fuelled electricity also causes a significant amount of loss. Moreover, each stage of these activities are vulnerable to corruption that will cost the country. Hence, the movement to cease these practices must consistently be advocated into the national energy plan.
Stages in transitioning to environmentally friendly and sustainable energy are:
- No new additional land exploitation
- No new issuing or extension of permit
- Export Discontinuation
- Post mine environmental rehabilitation
- Redesigning the national energy plan
- Developing renewal energy